Hello, and welcome to 2018! My name is Kin Lane, and I am the API Evangelist. If you aren’t familiar with my work, I have spent the last eight years studying the technology, business, and politics of doing APIs. In 2018, I am partnering with Streamdata.io to help develop and expand the streaming API platform, and tell stories about how real time can impact your business.
I will be telling stories regularly on the API Evangelist blog, but I will also be publishing regularly here on Streamdata.io. I have a bunch of stories queued up and ready to go, but I thought it would be rude to start publishing without just saying hello. So, hello! Bonjour! And now that I’ve said hello, let’s talk a little bit about what I’ll be doing with Streamdata.io in 2018.
- Short Form Storytelling – I will be crafting blog posts about the world of APIs, and how real time plays a role. Not everything I write will be specifically about real time, streaming, and event-driven architecture, but it will always be relevant to your business, and help you be more successful with your APIs within many different industries.
- Long Form Storytelling – I am working on several white papers, as well as some of the industry guides I am already known for as the API Evangelist. I will be publishing the white papers here on Streamdata.io when they are ready–stay tuned!
- Partner Program – Part of my partnership with Streamdata.io is to help define and develop their partner program for engaging with existing partners, as well as cultivate the opportunities for new partners to participate.
- Prototypes – You’ll find me regularly developing tools, proof of concepts, and prototypes around Streamdata.io to better understand how the service can be applied, while also helping you see the potential of streaming data.
- Talks – You will also find me speaking occasionally around the world at the most relevant events about the wider API industry, and how real time is making an impact.
That is just a quick summary of the main areas I will be partnering with Streamdata.io in 2018. I’ll be doing a lot of research across a variety of industries from transit to the blockchain, and telling the stories here on the blog, as well as on API Evangelist. I’m happy to talk with you about your companies needs when it comes to real time, streaming, event-driven, and API infrastructure in general. I’m always on the hunt for interesting stories, use cases, and other ways real time APIs are being put to work.
I’m excited to be part of the Streamdata.io team. I’m looking forward to working with the tech team, as well as sales and marketing to help build a strong company. I’m extremely thankful for Streamdata.io’s support, and letting me continuing doing what I do as the API Evangelist. Make sure to tune in here as we’ll be publishing waves of interesting research, prototypes, and other useful information on a regular basis. I’m looking forward to 2018, and helping build Streamdata.io–thank you so much!